I can set my HP printer with CUPS to „A4 Small Margins“ and the test print shows margins of 3 mm or 0.12 inches all round. This setting seems to be impossible in LibreOffice 184.108.40.206. Other programs can work with that setting. But LibreOffice allows only margins of obout 15 mm at top and bottom at A4.
Is there a way for making Small Margins possible with changing some values in config files or is that impossible in general. Please extend the settings for paper sizes in LibreOffice.
Edit to answer @petermau 's question:
- With CUPS I set the paper size in general at “A4 Small Margins”
- LlibreOffice shows the paper size “A4” when I look at Format-Page-Size. And there is no chance to set “A4 Small Margins” in the menu.
- At File-Printer settings the paper size shows “A4 210x297”. There is no menu for changing. The margins are set 2.00 cm all round.
- With all margins set to 2.00 cm or set to 0.3 cm (outside borders) and drawing two small rectangles from the top to the bottom and from left to right edge of the paper I get the same printings with margins of 1.5 cm at bottom and top and 0.3 cm at left and right.
- But when exporting the page to pdf and printing the file with the pfd viewer I get a result with 0,3 mm margins all round as I expected to get by printing with LibeOffice.
SUM: LibreOffice can export documents with small margins to pdf. But it cannot print them by itself.
So what can I do to get LibreOffice printing A4 with small margins?