I can no longer open LibreOffice in Windows 8!

I installed LibreOffice 4.1 on my new Windows 8 Ultrabook a few days ago - mainly to use LibreWriter for new docs and to convert Word files. Didn’t have a chance to open a new doc, but it worked brilliantly opening and amending converted Word docs I’d saved, or restored from an external hard drive.

Now it suddenly won’t open. Can’t open any saved docs or open a new file. Have used system restore to uninstall, and would like to re-install LibreOffice as it seemed great, but I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? Also kept getting a Windows Action Centre message telling me to ‘restore drive’ - don’t know if this is connected?

Advice welcome!

Please make sure you are installing correct BIT version, If you have 32bit Windows 8 then install 32bit LibreOffice. Also before installing I would Shutdown your machine and START and wait for the machine to complete it’s new start up procedure. Last but least you must have Administrative rights to the machine to have a successful installation.

I have 32 bit Windows 8 and 64 bit Windows 8.1 machine and both machines running LibreOffice with out any issues…!

My Version: 4.1.2.3
Build ID: 40b2d7fde7e8d2d7bc5a449dc65df4d08a7dd38

Hope this helps…Good Luck!

OP: @Elettralux