I cannot see page breaks in libre office calc

I am migrating from Open Office to Libre Office, and I have spreadsheets created by Open Office 4.1.15 which I opened and cloned in Libre Office 24.8.2.1 (X86_64), both on Windows 10 Pro 22H2.
In Open Office, the file has gray grid lines separating all cells (which I expended MUCH EFFORT reproducing in Libre Office!), and in View-Page Break Preview, the page borders are thick blue lines overlaying the grid lines.
In Libre Office, after finally getting the grid lines to appear, the page break lines are INDISTINGUISHABLE from grid lines, thus becoming INVISIBLE. I have gone through all methods I can find, View-Page Break (which, unlike Open Office, does NOT change color to indicate which status it is in), Tools-Calc-View, and Tools-Libre-Application Colors, setting ALL of them to values that would seem to make the page break dividers visible, but nothing works.

No searches in the forum or in Google display any answers (one tells how to REMOVE page breaks, but it applies to Write, not Calc). Please point me to a combination of options that will distinguish page breaks (both vertical and horizontal) from regular inter-cell grid lines.

Also, there is no way to distinguish YouTube videos NOT IN ENGLISH so as to avoid viewing them; some that seem relevant are in Hindi, and are useless to me.

In Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Application Colours > Spreadsheet you can change the colour of Grid lines and of Page breaks to your desired shades.
Note, this will not change gridline colours that have been manually formatted in your spreadsheet but will change it for new sheets.

Note that any advise, suggestion, or explanation that you may get here, before you demonstrate what you see (e.g., using screenshots; possibly the sample file, too) - will be only guessing. E.g., it is not known if you made your gridlines visible using program preferences, or by applying cell borders; that would definitely affect the actions. When you later ask further questions, like “You said that this will not change grid line colors that have been manually formatted in a spreadsheet, but will change it for new sheets. Does this mean that I should …” - it looks as if the truth is already established; while in reality, it may be unapplicable to your case, because there’s still no solid knowledge what you actually see and what you actually do.

Thank you for trying to help, but I tried this, setting all grid lines to grey (they already were) and setting Oage Breaks, Manual Page Breaks, and Automatic Page Breaks to Red. I did this in Normal, not Page Break, view, and clicked Apply before OK. The grid lines are still grey, including the grid lines at the page boundaries (row 16-17, as shown by displaying File-Page Preview).

You said that this will not change grid line colors that have been manually formatted in a spreadsheet, but will change it for new sheets. Does this mean that I should delete the entire Libre version of the file, open a blank spreadsheet, make these settings, and import the Open version into it? Would this make the page break grid lines turn red?

The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world.
— Max Born, Polish-born German physicist, 1882-1970

Please use a comment bubble, not Suggest a solution for comments as your reply was not an answer.

Do you have High Contrast mode set to enabled in the operating system or in LibreOffice? From Help: Cell borders and shadows are always shown in text colour when high-contrast mode is active. Click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Accessibility and check there if it is set to Enable, if the operating system is set to High Contrast then Automatic will also set LibreOffice to enabled.

Manual formatting overrides styles. It can be removed by selecting the range and clicking Format > Clear direct formatting

Good news! After some more experimenting, I discovered that I should not have tried to make the invisible grid lines visible by surrounding all cells with borders on all four sides. I removed the borders on all cells and could see VERY faint grid lines, and red page breaks. I was then able to make the grid lines rust a bit darker and now they are perfect.

I did notice that clicking the blank “cell” where the column and row headers intersect, although it highlights all cells, does not make Format-Cells apply to all cells. I have to select all columns to do that.

But I did notice that far fewer rows lost the correct (optimum) row height after sorting with Libre than with Open Office, and those could be adjusted by double-clicking the bottom grid line, and did not require tedious manual dragging to adjust their height properly!

The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world.
— Max Born, Polish-born German physicist, 1882-1970

Click View > Column/Row Highlighting to toggle visibility