I can't print anything from 6.0

Windows update is highly likely the culprit, see BleepingComputer. Following the links to the Microsoft website shows a string of links to further updates to try to correct the printer problem. Hang for a rough ride with printing in Windows for a while. My printer had a load of settings changed 2 days ago but cannot collate any more, I’m off to print from Linux until MS resolves this debacle.

How can you then explain that any other software printing every content without any problem? I’m talking about programs like Notepad, Notepad++, PDF-XChange Viewer, and not least the very outdated Google Picasa software which I’m using for viewing/printing/simple editing pictures? How then it can be a Windows problem when people in this thread have had the same problem over a year ago? C’mon. It’s ain’t rational at all.

To make sure it is not a printer language issue, press the Properties button (Egenskaper) and select the Device tab. In my case, other applications printed fine but LO sent PDF to my non-PDF aware printer. Once I selected PostScript in this dialog tab, everything was back to normal.

Nothing about printer language is there, only some simple settings like black-white, printing format A4/A5, DPI settings. Not much to set there.

I’ve spontaneously checked printing through Calc and everything works, but not Writer? It might be a setting inside the Writter but which one? I haven’t changed anything…

Any help? I’ve just updated to the v.7 and still can’t print through Writer.

Trough the Control Panel on Windows, got to Printers, and look if some is set up as default printer.

The one which I’m using is set to be as default…

“HP DeskJet 3050A printer, Ethernet/WiFi connection”

I could be wrong but I don’t think HP 3050A supports WSD so the printer has to be set to connect either to WiFi or to Etherrnet. They have different IP addresses and so there might be 2 printer drivers with similar names in Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

The fact that you can print from Calc implies the difference is in Writer. The setting in Writer is File > Printer Settings..., in that click on the drop-down box and select the other similarly named printer. The Loaction should show a different IP address to 198.168.8.104 :3911. If it does,click OK.

It’s configured as a WiFi printer. There are no other similar printers. I’ve had Canon MG5350 before, but I’m not using it anymore since the Canon printer stopped working. I don’t think it’s IP connection problem, then I’d have the same problem across the whole system. IP address is correct. I can log into my printer settings when hit 192.168.8.104.

It could be related to tdf#119250. Can you print from Safe Mode? In menu Help > Restart in Safe Mode..., if you can print then you need to archive your user profile and Reset to Factory. It does mean that you will lose custom words, etc.

Yes, the same thing is in Safe Mode. I’ve just tried print from LibreOffice Calc and it’s working just like it always did before. It must be something with this Writer thing. I’ve tried 3 or 4 different versions and now I’m on the latest 7 and it’s still the same about the Writer.

I’ve just thrown a different file to print and it worked like normal O_o so I’ve tested to change the name of the file which I’ve tried to print all the time, and LibreOffice package won’t print any file with any of the Swedish characters ö ä å in it. That’s the problem here. It started to print since I’ve changed the name of the file from Ö to O, then it won’t print again if I’ve changed it back Ö.

I’m happy you have found the source of the issue. This question might throw more light on it 54045

I tired printing a file from LO 7.0.0.3 on Windows 10 (2004) called Teståäö.odt and including those letters. Both the Brother MFC-6945dw and the HP9010 printed without objection.

I see the latest printer driver for the HP 3050A is dated November 2015, does that match yours? If not try updating the software/driver. Maybe uninstalling, removing printer from devices, removing driver and then re-installing printer software will fix

I’m on W10 1909 now. May be worth of updating it to the 2004 version and see what happens then. I don’t know why it behaves like I told, but this is how it looks on my computer. I’ve checked everything and found an answer for my question asked here. I’m on the latest printer driver. I won’t reinstall any printer driver, because, no other software with print function available haven’t had any problem with printing. Everything has worked perfectly since September 2018 when I formatted and installed this almost daily using system today. Developers of LibreOffice should look at this and try to fix it. Where can I inform them about it?

Could you save that file as a Word 360 or 365 I don’t remember which exists document and then open it and try to print with this file format? I’m actually not using .odt but always save all as a Word file.

I created the same document in Word 2010 (latest version I have) saved as Teståäö-2.docx, opened it in Writer and it printed no problem. Created again in LO saved as Teståäö-3LO.docx, closed LO, opened it in Writer still prints OK. NB different PC Windows 10 (1909) as I have only one copy of MS Office

I checked my basic fonts in Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts (Western) = Liberation Serif & Liberation Sans, Basic Fonts(CTL) = Arial Unicode MS

I’m updating to 2004 now. I don’t think it help to solve this issue, but at least now I know what’s the issue is.

Not sure this is an answer or not.

This is still happening with lubuntu 2020.04.

Libre Office worked fine on Lubuntu up until several days ago. But I haven’t been using it much. The reason is kind of obscure.

I recently converted from Ubuntu 20.04 with a single desktop to Lubuntu with four.

That’s the setup. No other changes to Libre Office other than the lubuntu install.

This afternoon, I started a new document tried to print it. No luck. Correct Preview, but just Blank pages on the printer.
No changes to printer settings helped.

If all else fails, reboot. so I rebooted.

Still happening on both writer and calc… but I also found I was working on desktop 4. Switching to desktop 1 showed about 10 open Libre Office documents. Not sure why, but closing those resulted in being able to print in the original document.

What may have happened: Emphasis on May.

I opened a new document to edit on desktop 1, and switched to desktop 4 accidentally. so I opened another.
It wouldn’t print. Not sure why. I’m unable to reproduce this condition.
Also noted that the close group in lubuntu does not work to close all open windows for libre office.

Further tries to reproduce should leave Libre Office documents open and try the shutdown and reboot. Something is being held onto in Libre Office across a reboot or possibly with multiple open documents with one or more in a particular state, and it’s killing printing, possibly by proceeding to print not the document displayed in the preview, but another document that just happens to be empty.

Strategy if I encounter this again:

Make sure all open Libre Office documents are closed
Reopen the one I want to print and try it.
If that fails, see if moving the Libre Office config files to an archive location
helps.