I can't print anything from 6.0

This “me too” complaint should be reposted as a comment under the question because it not a solution to the problem. Use the more command under you “non-answer”.

While you’re at it: OS name, printer make and model, type of connection (USB or Ethernet), printer age (trend is now to use PDF as printer language, replacing PostScript; older printers do not understand PDF). If you know how to get this information, how do you talk to the printer: PostScript, HPCL, PDF, other?

It may be, maybe not. Windows 10 1909 latest July build, HP DeskJet 3050A printer, Ethernet/WiFi connection, age of the printer - hmmm… 6-8 years(?). I don’t know anything about the printer language. All I know is that any other software prints without any issue and never had any problem with it. This is the first time.

My printer is about 20 years old. It was a high-performance laser printer I salvaged when my employer dumped it. Worked fine until a “recent” update when I discovered LO sent PDF by default instead of PostScript. I had to go to File>Printer Settings, Device tab, to force printer language back to PostScript. It may be a matter of the print manager in the OS (CUPS under Linux). Another update, in CUPS this time, broke printing. I had to configure a driver for another make and choose an adequate model to restore printing. I also tried using PCL5 (the HP printing language) because my printer understands it, but it was less efficient than using an alternate printer description.

3050A is less than 10 years old, so it might not be the same issue.

On Windows, verify you have some printer as default printer.

This is what I’m seeing when going to File > Printer Settings > Device: https://i.imgur.com/5mykvYw.jpg

I can’t see anything related to the printer language. It’s set as the standard printer.

Windows update is highly likely the culprit, see BleepingComputer. Following the links to the Microsoft website shows a string of links to further updates to try to correct the printer problem. Hang for a rough ride with printing in Windows for a while. My printer had a load of settings changed 2 days ago but cannot collate any more, I’m off to print from Linux until MS resolves this debacle.

How can you then explain that any other software printing every content without any problem? I’m talking about programs like Notepad, Notepad++, PDF-XChange Viewer, and not least the very outdated Google Picasa software which I’m using for viewing/printing/simple editing pictures? How then it can be a Windows problem when people in this thread have had the same problem over a year ago? C’mon. It’s ain’t rational at all.

To make sure it is not a printer language issue, press the Properties button (Egenskaper) and select the Device tab. In my case, other applications printed fine but LO sent PDF to my non-PDF aware printer. Once I selected PostScript in this dialog tab, everything was back to normal.

Nothing about printer language is there, only some simple settings like black-white, printing format A4/A5, DPI settings. Not much to set there.

I’ve spontaneously checked printing through Calc and everything works, but not Writer? It might be a setting inside the Writter but which one? I haven’t changed anything…

Any help? I’ve just updated to the v.7 and still can’t print through Writer.

Trough the Control Panel on Windows, got to Printers, and look if some is set up as default printer.

The one which I’m using is set to be as default…

“HP DeskJet 3050A printer, Ethernet/WiFi connection”

I could be wrong but I don’t think HP 3050A supports WSD so the printer has to be set to connect either to WiFi or to Etherrnet. They have different IP addresses and so there might be 2 printer drivers with similar names in Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

The fact that you can print from Calc implies the difference is in Writer. The setting in Writer is File > Printer Settings..., in that click on the drop-down box and select the other similarly named printer. The Loaction should show a different IP address to 198.168.8.104 :3911. If it does,click OK.

It’s configured as a WiFi printer. There are no other similar printers. I’ve had Canon MG5350 before, but I’m not using it anymore since the Canon printer stopped working. I don’t think it’s IP connection problem, then I’d have the same problem across the whole system. IP address is correct. I can log into my printer settings when hit 192.168.8.104.

It could be related to tdf#119250. Can you print from Safe Mode? In menu Help > Restart in Safe Mode..., if you can print then you need to archive your user profile and Reset to Factory. It does mean that you will lose custom words, etc.

Yes, the same thing is in Safe Mode. I’ve just tried print from LibreOffice Calc and it’s working just like it always did before. It must be something with this Writer thing. I’ve tried 3 or 4 different versions and now I’m on the latest 7 and it’s still the same about the Writer.

I’ve just thrown a different file to print and it worked like normal O_o so I’ve tested to change the name of the file which I’ve tried to print all the time, and LibreOffice package won’t print any file with any of the Swedish characters ö ä å in it. That’s the problem here. It started to print since I’ve changed the name of the file from Ö to O, then it won’t print again if I’ve changed it back Ö.

I’m happy you have found the source of the issue. This question might throw more light on it 54045

I tired printing a file from LO 7.0.0.3 on Windows 10 (2004) called Teståäö.odt and including those letters. Both the Brother MFC-6945dw and the HP9010 printed without objection.

I see the latest printer driver for the HP 3050A is dated November 2015, does that match yours? If not try updating the software/driver. Maybe uninstalling, removing printer from devices, removing driver and then re-installing printer software will fix