I get an error #value!

Hello!
I hope very much for your help.
I am connecting to olap-cube(xmla) via “PalOOCa OLAP Calc Extension” but all measures are displayed with error “#value!”
The data type in the source itself is an integer.
I tried to change the format of the libreoffice cell to an integer, but the error still remains, tell me, what is the reason?
thank you in advance!

Cell formatting has zero influence on data, i.e. formatting never converts any text to number. #VALUE! indicates that some value is string where a number is expected or an array instead of a single value. I can’t find any documentation for PALO.DATA. You should ask the developers of that extension in which situations the function returns #VALUE!

1 Like

PalOOCa OLAP Calc Extension, sourceforge.net.

1 Like

On the project site I did not find any clue about the parameters in formula =PALO.DATA($B$1;$B$2;$A5;B$4) as shown in the screen shot.
May be the function is an array function returning more than one value? @ElenaEl, did you try to finish the formula’s entry with Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of Enter?
https://help.libreoffice.org/7.5/en-US/text/scalc/01/04060107.html?DbPAR=CALC

1 Like

I tried now but it didn’t help(
in general, I don’t write these formulas, this formula was derived automatically, because I connect to the olap-cube, where all the measures are already calculated in advance

According to their extension page that only offers “Release: 5.0 – First 5.x series release” and apparently they then forgot about it. You could try if a newer release like 5.2.1 from their SourceForge page PalOOCa OpenOffice Extension for Palo - Browse /PalOOCa at SourceForge.net resolves the issue, but the project seems pretty much dead (that latest release of 2015-05-07) and may not support a current OLAP implementation.

For extension functions the #VALUE! error can be about anything except IllegalArgumentException and NoConvergenceException, the exceptions classification for extension functions is very generic.

1 Like