I have an image which I cannot delete

When I try to cut and paste or insert an image, I get a box which says Image 1. I cannot open that image or delete it.

1. First, try saving your work then restarting your machine to ensure all OLE and related objects are released then reopening the document. Now try to delete the image with no other applications open. If you have edited the image in another application it might be useful to remember which application you edited it with so you can manually save the image in the editing application, copy and paste the image from the application, then close the external application

2. Perhaps the image is locked. Try right-click on image, select PropertiesOptions tab → ensure contents, position and size checkboxes are unticked. Then try deleting image.

3. Ensure that the style applied to the image is not also configured to be locked.

1. Select the image that is troublesome by clicking on it once.
    2. Press F11 to display styles pane if it is not already open.
    3. Select the hilighted style (it might be OLE (Object-Linking and Embedding).
      If it is not OLE and these instructions do not work, please post back indicating which style this is. OLE can allow object linking and embedding between applications. Objects can be controlled by other applications, (for example an image editing application or some other suite..

Perform step 1 by right-clicking on the style and modify menu.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark :heavy_check_mark: to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. That will help other people with the same question.

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.