I have help installed. Why doesn't Libre know that?

Says it isn’t installed. And how can I fix it. I’m so sick of software NOT WORKING as advertised.

Most probably you have installed the wrong language pack for the language you are using. Since you do not mention any technical details (no operating system, no LibreOffice version, no language of your user interface and finally no information about (language of ) the help package you have installed) the only hint, which could be given by now: The language of the help package being installed must match the language setting of your user interface (as per Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages -> Drop Down: User Interface). As long as these do not match, you get the isn’t installed message.

Thank you for the quick reply. In frustration I downloaded the latest (beta) & help. Uninstalled old w/ Revo Pro Uninstall. (digs out registry, left behind folders, etc.) Reinstalled. Re ↑ All English (USA) x 3 places & 64 bit. Still doesn’t work.

How about this? I’m trying to add/subtract time in a spreadsheet. I’m old, grumpy & I’ve forgotten too much to get it done. Been years since I’ve wanted or needed to automate such a task. I wanted to “sleep time + awake time = ±24 hour, if < 24 hr then x, if > 24 hr then y… output in same format.” Now I’m thinking I’ll probably have to convert the time to some number, do the calc, undo the convert w/the new number. Maybe not…

The help is probably a registry mismatch, somewhere. I’d be happy for any help anywhere I can get it. Thanks again for your kindness.

The Help needs to match your installation so if you have LibreOffice English UK installed then Help English USA is unlikely to work. To be honest, I don’t know if the bitness (64 or 32) has to match but definitely the language does.

You can download the help from LibreOffice site, I can’t give you the full link as site is down right now. Cheers, Al

@EarnestAl

The bitness of the help installer does have to match.

@aegiswiz

When the website is back up, this is the full link to the download page.

Thank you for the quick reply. In frustration I downloaded the latest (beta) & help. Uninstalled old w/ Revo Pro Uninstall. (digs out registry, left behind folders, etc.) Reinstalled. Re ↑ All English (USA) x 3 places & 64 bit. Still doesn’t work.

How about this? I’m trying to add/subtract time in a spreadsheet. I’m old, grumpy & I’ve forgotten too much to get it done. Been years since I’ve wanted or needed to automate such a task. I wanted to “sleep time + awake time = ±24 hour, if < 24 hr then x, if > 24 hr then y… output in same format.” Now I’m thinking I’ll probably have to convert the time to some number, do the calc, undo the convert w/the new number. Maybe not…

The help is probably a registry mismatch, somewhere. I’d be happy for any help anywhere I can get it. Thanks again for your kindness.