I need "conditional" "validity" listings.

I am creating an “engineering application for Calc where the “selection values” depend on 4 choices made in the “run-up” to the “final selection” event. Thus I have validities for :American/inch”, “American/metric”, “UK/metric”, “French/metric” :German/metric", and “Japanese/metric” depending on the initial definitions. How would I accomplish this??? [Irrational minds want to know!]

Just for curiosity:
What’s the relevant difference between (e.g.) “American/metric” and “UK/metric”?

Hi, @LewMerrick,

I understood that you are going to select one of the five measurement units and the subsequent validations should show the pre-defined measurements in this unit, is that it?

It has an example file to facilitate it.

Edit your question and use the Clip icon to attach a file.

Hi Just for curiousity" – “American/metric” and “British/metric” have different thickness values depending on the Gauge system in use. – Lew

I won’t recover.
Humans are incredibly ingenioius confusing everything and creating problems.
How would the world look if they were equally ingenious in solving problems?

Instead of specifying a range for the validation, you can use the OFFSET() or INDIRECT() function inside the cell range field, to generate range dynamically.

The INDIRECT function may be more intuitive in use, but I prefer OFFSET for compactness and portability.

Don’t know how this applies to your setup. Post more detail if you need more explicit guidance.

Edit: Here is a sample file that shows how it works with OFFSET().

Iwill have to look-up the Indirect() function. TIA. – Lew