I want to create a database for movies i watch

Lame question! I have no idea how to get started so I thought I’d ask for some guidance. If there are tutorials or youtube videos I can access that someone knows of, please send me some links. Thanks

Hello,

No question is really Lame until you have asked it around the third time.

There is a great deal of information scattered throughout the internet. To help in getting started, see this post → To learn LibreOffice Base are there introductions or tutorials?.

Feel free to ask specific questions on this forum.

Edit: For starters you probably want the LO docs. This has walk through’s and further down the page you will find some How-To’s → LibreOffice Base Handbook

Edit 2018-07-09:

@LibreDaveintheOffice You appear to have little knowledge of Base or databases. Going through the LO docs is really critical to get a basic understanding. Base & databases cannot be learned overnight. There are a lot of different aspects to be dealt with.

I don’t know how to get to a place where I can launch an app like “calculator” or “time and date properties”

Base is not really a launchpad for applications (although it is possible) and “time and date properties” means nothing on its’ own! There are numerous ways to develop even a single process using Base. It helps to use best practices & the interface to the database (Base) is usually user preference. Your sample is not typical. It doesn’t even contain some basic elements you should have when saving information in a database. This is where going through the docs helps. Each process is dealt with. It IS time consuming but necessary.

Once the basics are understood you can put together some basic tables & screens for input & display purposes. Attached is a sample loosely based upon your screen shot. This is NOT how I would set it all up but is based strictly on your screen. You can, after reading through the docs, do something like this in less than 15 minutes.

Sample ----- Movies.odb

Thanks for the information. A good friend of mine is in the hospital and that has put a hold on my quest. I’m sending an image along to show what my goal is. So far the tutorials I’ve looked at are all showing the tables and forms in design mode. I don’t know how to get to a place where I can launch an app like “calculator” or “time and date properties”, fill in the text box and have the program add the name of the movie to the list in alphabetical order. And of course be able to scroll the list and be alerted that I already have it listed.LibreOffice Base_001.JPG

@LibreDaveintheOffice This is not an answer to the question. Please either use a comment or Edit your original question to append additional information and note the edited section.

Answers should be used to answer the original question only.