=if()elseif() help?

I have a formula; =if(THIS;THAT) which works GREAT.

I would like to add a third parameter; IF() so that when the value of THIS is exceeded, the third parameter is displayed in the cell.

Tried both of these:

=IF(TODAY()-C4>190,"Send Now",TODAY()-C4, "Ready")
=IF(TODAY()-C4>190,"Send Now",TODAY()-C4)elseif (TODAY()>190,"READY")

Both resulted in ERRORs, 504 and 509

Ideas?

Thanks, ⌡im

[erAck: edited to codify using ```, see This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #6 by erAck ]

You may want to consider what I wrote in my answer here: Why do I often get an error (508, 504, 502 e.g.) if I paste a Calc formula from some post into my sheet? .

This worked for only on my test cell :thinking:

=IF(TODAY()-C4>190,"Send Now",TODAY()-C4,"READY")

Thanks anyway, ⌡im

[erAck: edited to codify using ``` ]

Have written this formula 100 different ways … Still won’t work

=IFS((C2="","Send Now"),(TODAY()-C2>190,"READY"),(TODAY()-C2))
Col C Col D
20. Feb. 2022 #N/A
10. Jan. 2022 Err:509
30. Dec. 2020 Err:509
Err:509

Col C is formatted as date and data is entered
Col D is where the fomula is locates and then was copied down

Another question re: formulas: Does CALC continue assessing the formuls after 1 of the arguments = TRUE?
That might explain my problem

More thanks are due.
⌡im

[erAck: edited to codify using ``` and fix table, again see This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #6 by erAck ]

See documentation and function IFS - IFS function

@KamilLanda

• I suppose you also wanted to link to IF() .
  • Unfortunately there the paragraph starting with “In the LibreOffice Calc functions,…” isn’t quite correct. It wrongly generalizes a restriction valid for IF(), but not (e.g.) for REGEX(). .

It is correct for all Calc functions. In Calc, whenever you use an argument separator, you set the following argument - unlike some programming languages, where there is a way to use two separators in a row to have corresponding argument unset. In the ;; case, the set argument would be empty parameter (which, again, is different to “missing optional parameter” - see ODF 1.3 part 4 sect. 5.6). The empty parameters may be specified to be handled specially; otherwise, the standard makes it application-defined if they are accepted. Calc treats them as an empty string (in position of a string argument), or 0 (where number is expected), or a matrix with a single 0 element (where matrix is expected). This makes e.g. this different:

=INDIRECT("A1")

(missing second optional parameter is treated as 1, i.e. A1 syntax of reference)

=INDIRECT("A1";)

(empty second parameter is treated as 0, i.e. R1C1 syntax of references, making this formula fail)

However, for the IF() function that paragraph is a bad example because it talks of 4 parameters whereas IF() only has 3.
</nitpick>