I'm trying to load a file created in Microsoft Office 2009 will not load completely

The error message says.

Warning Loading Document WAB.xlsx
The data could not be loaded completely because the maximum number of columns per sheet was exceeded.

Is there a work around?

Thanks

Bill Bones

No, there is no workaround - the sheet in Excel’s workbook does indeed contain many more columns than the sheet in Calc’s spreadsheet. Just accept the warning and hope there was no data after the AMJ column in the original workbook

Is there a work around?

You may give LibreOffice version 7.1 a try and set

• Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Advanced -> [x] Enable experimental features (may be unstable)
  • Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Calc -> Defaults -> Option: [x] Enable very large spreadsheets (16m rows, 16384 cols)

Note Take hint in parenthesis “(may be unstable)” very serious.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m using 7.1.1.2 and not able to see the “Option” choice in Tools->Options->LibreOffice Calc->Defaults to make the change.

Sorry should have read he response properly. I have enabled the advanced option and its and the spreadsheet is now loading without the error prompt.

Many Thanks

Bill

You did not follow my comment. Make first

• Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Advanced -> [x] Enable experimental features (may be unstable)
    and then create a new calc document.

Please do **not** use *Add Answer* if you actually don't answer a question but commenting an answer or responding to another user’s comment. Please use ***add a comment*** for that purpose. Thanks in advance …