I'm working with LibreOffice Calc for the first time, and have a few questions.

I’ve looked online for tutorials, but can’t find any that pertain to what I’m trying to do. I’m hoping that one of you can help. I’m creating a list of Mental Health Blogs. Column A contains the name of the website. Column B lists each websites URL. My first mission is to hide column B and somehow link column A to the URL so that clicking the title will take the viewer to the selected website. Is this possible?

In Column C I indicate weather or not the website is currently active. Meaning is it being updated? I want to input “yes” for active, and “no” for inactive or the numbers “3”, “6”, “9” to indicate the number of months since the last update. However, I also want this column to be hidden and the color of the font used in column A to change dependent on the information I input in this column. Again, is this possible?

Lastly, I’m sorting the websites based on what mental illness the site focuses on in Column D. Would there be a way to have some sort of drop down menu? For instance, I’d like to be able to select “depression,” then have only the websites that focus on depression show up in a list.

I’d be more than appreciative if anyone can help me with any of this! Thanks in advance for your time.

1. Using HYPERLINK() function in column A.

2. Maybe WEBSERVICE() and FILTERXML() functions can help:
    WEBSERVICE() help

3. Using conditional format (Menu/Format/Conditional Formatting) or with STYLE() function.

4. With Menu/Data/Validity.

I’ve figured out how to use HYPERLINK() in column A with success. I haven’t been successful combining the Function for HYPERLINK and STYLE, however- to achieve the variation in style depending on the websites last update. Any advice?

As far as the conditional formatting- I’ve found the conditional format options, but I’m unclear how to get the conditional format to reference information from a different cell?

I recommend also to have a look at the free guides which you can download from http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/