Image is not inserted at present cursor position

Even with the indent ruler tab position at the left most position, Writer is inserting image at the top of the present page.

I’ve already seen the following videos, and familiar with disabling wrapper.

What exactly is your question?
Please describe exactly what you are doing and what you expect and why it may not work.
Specify your operating system, the LibreOffice version and the file format used. Thank you very much.

I’ve included the following image to better describe what I’m trying to do.
https://i.imgur.com/6KV9eKG.png

By default, when you insert an image, Writer will place the anchor at the point of the cursor. The image however, will be centered at the top of the paragraph in which the anchor resides. Right click on the image and select “Properties…” Go to the Position and Size table. It is normally best to change the Anchor “To paragraph”. Then, change the Horizontal and Vertical settings in the Position area to position the image where you want it in relation to “Paragraph text area”. Before clicking OK, you can go to the Wrap tab and set your wrap settings for the image.

This is a helpful response but image is still placed at top of page.
https://i.imgur.com/6KV9eKG.png

For future reference how I disable image wrap by default instead of clicking unwrap each time I paste an image?

Anchored To paragraph
Only if; the image is wider than the page AND the cursor is in the top paragraph.
If the image is narrower than the text then it is anchored to the paragraph in which the cursor is placed.
If the image is wider than the text then it is placed above the paragraph in which the cursor is placed.

Anchored As character will insert the image as a character exactly at the cursor, even in the middle of word.

You can change the defaults in Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Formatting Aids > Image

Your question is about inserting an image but your image shows paste.
Pasting an image always pastes it as png so the size is often quite large
Inserting an image from file keeps the format of the file, often with a smaller file size, e.g. .jpg . The exception is WEBP where you get an added png to prevent breaking earlier versions of LO.

BTW:

1. Your image shows code pasted as image. Wouldn’t it be better as actual code that could be copied? Preformatted text Paragraph Style can differentiate it from the rest of the document text by using monospaced text but there is also a Code Highlighter extension that would colour the code
  2. You can insert images as well as documents in this site by clicking the up-pointing arrow icon with tooltip Upload on the toolbar just above.