Images in an exported PDF Form appear too small

Dear all, I just started with LibreOffice and have this issue:

I exported a pdf form which contains some simple images like a (clickable) facebook logo. However the logo appears way too small and not how it was originally created.

Is there a solution for this?


I cannot reproduce this issue, so it is difficult to suggent a solution.

In what way is the logo too small? Is the logo smaller as a percentage of the page in the pdf than in the .odt?
If you exported the odt to pdf then the logo should have the same print size in both although, depending on the export settings, the resolution might be reduced in the pdf.

Here is the origina odt

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 11.45.00

And here the pdf
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 11.44.47

Sorry, as a new user I can only upload one image at a time

And the export settings:

Can you post a copy of the original odt (remove any identifying/private data)?

PositionierungLIBRE-imagetest.odt (276.5 KB)

Your images don"t display here (LO, Fedora 38) though they are present in the file. I don’t know if this is relevant: they are pdf’s, not usual image formats. Crop tab is completely disabled.

When I export to pdf, it comes out exactly as the odt. It is not correct what you get. I see you have LibreOffice on MacOS and I cannot check that.
You have a pdf of each image and a png of each image in the file, this might be confusing things. I think I see the Facebook pdf because it is only 57px times 57px, not the larger 607px png.

Maybe you pasted a link to the images?

Version: (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: fcbaee479e84c6cd81291587d2ee68cba099e129
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22621; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

I am guessing this is a Base form. I am out of my depth with Base so not sure I can add anything further.

Cannot repro using Version: (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 9f56dff12ba03b9acd7730a5a481eea045e468f3
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

Thanks everyone for diving in and your recommendations and observations. I shall test a few more options and see what I can come up with.

Sorry folks, this will take a while. I reinstalled LO after all text documents mysteriously were set to “read-only”. Edit-Mode in the Edit menu is set but no change. Wish me luck.

Cannot reproduce it either on Snap LO, Ubuntu Linux. I get the same result as @mikekaganski.

I did notice that your file does appear as read-only but that read-only is not set in the document properties or file properties but must be somewhere else.

You might want to reset the user profile if continued problems.

Ok, solved it: Delete LO and the related files in the Mac library folder. Reinstalled LO. Now I was able to edit the file again.

Then I imported the social media image from an image file instead of copy/pasting it from a word document. Now all is fine.

Thanks to all for your time and kind attention.