Importing Access 2003 (mdb) files into Base

Having problems importing an Access 3003 (mdb) file (produced by Access 2010) into Base.
I have read somewhere that you should first connect to an existing Access database (from Base). That works fine. When the window “How to proceed when the database is saved?” I answer 1) Yes register and 2) Open database for editing (thesed are the default choices). When I click Next, an hour glass shows up, and the program hangs. Only Task manager Close program can stop it.

Grateful for any help.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, and the latest version of LibreOffice (3.6.1).

I have had a similar problem. Win XP Pro SP3 LO Version 3.6.1.2 (Build ID: e29a214). Difference in my case was that it had started to import the DB file. The big ‘BUT’ was that once I went to delete the useless file I couldn’t even hover over it without the machine shutting down and rebooting itself. Result is that I cannot delete the offending file. (I’ll have to explore that little problem outside of Windows using DOS).

After that I did what I should always do. RTFM. Check this link out. It might just help.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/How_to_connect_to_a_Microsoft_Access_database

Cheers

Alan

Thank you. Good link.

For now, we are trying the free MS Access Runtime for end-users, who can then edit data, but not design.