importing database to base

After a few weeks I’m able to create a table, form, queries and reports. I have recreated my appleworks shopping list database and begun making entirety’s. I’m up to 110 of over 800, and it is only one of the AW databases I want to bring over to LO. There must be a better faster way to do this!!

In the getting started guide one of the formats writer can open is ClarisWorks/Appleworks Document (.cwk), so can get the data from my AW database into a LO base with out doing it manually one record at a time? Remember I’m a beginner so no big wards, or deep concepts!

Thank you!
Michael

Tried to find a sample .cwk but no luck. However it seem you should be able to output a tab delimited file which can the be put into LO Calc. Once there, you can select all, copy and then paste into Base table.

Before trying this, make a backup of the Base .odb in case of problems. You don’t want to take any chance with what has been done already.

If this answers your question please click on the :heavy_check_mark: (upper left area of answer).