Impress 7, MacOS - Want Presentation Console w/ One Monitor

I want to run an Impress slideshow with the presentation console on a MacBook with no external display.

Did some searching, and it is supposed to be possible by:

1. Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Open Expert Configuration. Search for “StartAlways” and change the value from false to true.
  2. Preferences ==> LibreOffice Impress ==> General. Select “Enable Presenter Console.”

MacOS 12.3
LibreOffice 7.3.1.3
Presentation saved in *.odp format

Note - I want the Presenter Console available in a single monitor setting for making video lectures via OBS and Zoom. I like to broadcast/record just slide content while having notes, time, next slide, and, via Zoom, student pics visible.

The same here as of February 2024, latest version (24.2), MacOS 10.15.
This feature (ie: setting “StartAlways” to true in advanced options) seems to work only in Windows and Linux systems, as I have seen on other threads. But in MacOS, as I can confirm, the trick has no effect, and the speaker console won’t show. What happens is that you only get the regular full-screen slideshow that was before. Nothing is changed.
I think that this is a bug that should be reported and addressed.

you may want to report around that 62179 – SLIDESHOW: enhancement: start Presenter Console also with only one monitor with Alt+F5 (as Rehearse Timings)

1 Like