Impress: creating different master slides for a new template

In the past, I was rather successful in creating templates. Although I never really mastered the tricks and the trade.

In Libreoffice version 7.1.2 (and 6.6), I want to create a template with two or more master slides (slide types). A title slide, a content slide and some activity slides.

I succeeded in creating multiple master slides by right clicking in the “Slide Bar” on the left, choosing to add ‘New Master’ and managed to design it differently and rename it. However, when applying the new template to a fresh presentation, only the title slide design (master slide 1) is applied to the slides of my presentation. It seems impossible to use the other design(s) from the master slides.

How can I make sure all my master slides are accessible when creating a new slideshow? Am I perhaps missing some dialogue box on Master slides?

Many thanks in advance for helping along.

I succeeded in creating multiple master slides by right clicking in the “Slide Bar” on the left, choosing to add ‘New Master’ and managed to design it differently and rename it.

When you have created all the required master slides, you need to save this file as a document template. Then you can open it and your master slides will be available.