Impress pauses for 10 hours

Hi
I have an Impress presentation that is intended to go on a continuous slideshow loop (necessarily on battery power) with slides advancing every 10 seconds. Intitially this works fine, but after some time (anything from 10 minutes to an hour) the screen goes black apart from a message in the top left corner advising ‘Pausing…’, with a countdown of 10 hours (after which time |I presume the slideshow would resume, if there were any battery power left!). If I hit enter, the slideshow starts, but annoyingly from the first slide. I have all sleep settings set to ‘never’, but can’t figure out what is causing the ‘pause’. Impress, Windows(11)? I have very little else running, and it happens both on a Dell laptop and an older HP laptop. Any advice on how to prevent this ‘pause’ would be much appreciated! Thanks.

I would guess, that what you see has no relation to LibreOffice, but some operating system feature (like battery saver? Or even screen saver?), that activates when your power is below a threshold, disables anything that drains power, and shows for how long battery life is left.

Hi Mikekaganski
Thanks for your suggestion… I think I’ve found a workaround, but not the cause.
The problem occurred on battery and mains power, and at any remaining power level. Very little else running.
Instead I used Powerpoint on another laptop that I cannot use in earnest for the real slideshow. It worked fine, with no interruption. So I resorted to screen recording the PP presentation, transferring it to the other laptops and playing it there with WMP.
No solution, but an adequate fix. Seems like an Impress problem, as I thought.
Maybe it’s because I created the slideshow with PP in the first place, saved in Impress format?
Ah well, … Thanks again for your fast response last night.