Impress slideshow doesn't display next slide

I click start slideshow (or start from current slide). The slide show starts. I click the mouse. Nothing happens. I press space. Nothing happens. I press arrows, enter, page-up & -down. Nothing happens until I’ve done these things (number-of-slides)+1 times when the slideshow stops and returns me to the edit screen.

All slides have “Advance slide - on mouse click” set. I have no transitions on any slide.

I’ve just installed the latest release, 7.1.3.2. I’m running Win 10 on a Dell laptop.

I created the presentation as a .odp file. I’ve also saved it as a .pptx file. The .pptx version behaves the same way in Impress as the original. However, it runs fine in Windows PowerPoint (emailed to a friend) and in Google Slides (accessed via FireFox)

What’s going on? What am I missing?

Try clicking Tools > Options > View and unticking Use Skia for all rendering and see if that works. Cheers, Al

Thanks Al, that has done the trick. What is Skia and why does it screw things up in this way on my (I thought) perfectly normal and up-to-date PC?
Cheers - Mark @ Steam Age

As I understand it, Skia is part of hardware acceleration. Not all hardware works with it.