Improving efficiency with HTML view

Hi,

I’m doing something that involves a lot of cut’n’paste of HTML, and I’m trying to improve the process.

The problems I’m facing:

• Every time I switch between source view and rendered view, I’m sent back tot he start of my document. As my document becomes longer, it’s becoming a hassle.
  • I try to use the navigator to jump around but whenever I switch from HTML to normal, the Header 1 style is no longer part of the chapter numbering, so the navigator view messes up. I have to reset it again. Is there a way to keep the number levels when switiching? Or is this a bug I should report?
  • I’m on Windows
  • The format is HTML because I am pasting HTML code

Thanks,

L

Since this is rather technical, please edit (don’t add information in a comment; this is not a forum but a question and answer site – a question can always be updated) your question to mention OS name, LO version and save format.

The last point is the most important. If document is saved as .html, all Writer-specific meta-data is not saved, which explains the loss of outline structure.

Thanks for the answer. However I’m a bit confused. The only Chapter numbering style that breaks when switching between code and normal view, is Header 1. All the others remain, which is why I thought I was doing something wrong.

Anyway, I’ll wait for more input, if there is any, otherwise yours is the best.