in a base report group footer, need maximum value from a field in the details report section?

a RUN with a van picks up 3 clients at different home addresses to take to a single destination. In our software a PICK-UP odometer reading is entered at each client’s home. A DROP-OFF odometer reading is entered at the destination for each client. I need to know the number of miles from when the first client gets into the van and the destination where they all get out.

I have a query that pulls each client and pulls the odometer readings (pick up and drop off) for each client and I have a field that subtracts the PICK-UP odometer reading from the DROP-OFF odometer reading which gives me the miles each client was in the van. This all shows up in the Report. What I need in the RUN group footer is the maximum miles from these clients to put in the RUN group footer so I can have the total mileage for that RUN.

Thanks for your reply, Ratslinger. Though, using an accumulation function like you suggest would give me the total miles (combined miles) of all the clients. I just need the driven miles of the vehicle from when client 1 gets in then picking up the other 2 clients then to their destination.

I solved it by using a MAXIMUM user defined function on the individual mileages for each client.

Hello,

It appears all you need is an accumulation field in the group footer. Simply add a Text field to the footer & set Data properties:

image description

The difference for you will be the Data field & Scope name.