In Base, how can controls that do not store data in the database, only for macro evaluation, be created?

This is my use case:

I would like to have a custom search form. It would have a dropdown populated by a macro which contains an enumeration of possible result tables, and one to a few three additional inputs (depending on the selection) for Postgres text search, or exact matches on some commonly used list types.

This form must be fully parallel, both among multiple users, multiple sessions from a single user and multiple search queries from a given end user within a single session. There is no need, nor desire, to store /any/ data from that form within the database.

Results would be displayed in a table control beneath the input area. Selecting a result would spawn the type of form for that result, which I haven’t yet looked in to but I imagine is both possible and a normal thing (as all fields in said form would need the exact behavior I’m having issues disabling for the search form).

PS:
I don’t believe it’s actually applicable, but the ask question guidelines request some version data: EN 4.3 Base, Windows 7 English.

There is a nice work around described in Base Handbook Chapter 4 Forms page no. 107. Have a single record table with desired number and types of fields in addition to an id auto-increment key field. Link to this from the form with additions disabled. Controls on the form linked to this table can be used to call up macros.