In calc the column width changes after I save a file.

Every time I have saved a spreadsheet when I reopen it the columns are thinner. It’s not consistent either. I set the Date column to 1.20" and when I reopen the doc it might be 1.19 (I could live with it) or it might be 1.13 which gives me hash marks instead of dates.

I don’t want to have to lock the sheet (if that would fix it) because I can be in it several times in a day. I’m not a typist I get tired of typing passwords all day. In the few days I’ve been playing with LO I’ve come to like it. So I don’t want to go back to OO but this would be a deal breaker.

Edit
I was playing with my spreadsheet today because of m.a. riosv’s comment.

Cell A1 = “Date” - Font = Arial 9 - Width = 1.20"

Cell A2 = “Mon 2015-07-20” - Font = Arial 10 - Formated = Date - ddd yyyy-mm-dd

See a picture at web.newsguy.com/redwdc/forum_images/spreadsheet_2015-08-20.png

When I save as .xlsx the column width will is set to 1.20" then the next time I open it the column is thinner. If thin enough the date looks like “####”.

When I save as .xls it saves the column widths correctly.

Also both formats (.xls and .xlsx) don’t save cell padding (Format > Cells > Borders > Spacing to Contents). I set it to 0.00" and when I re-open it’s back to 0.02" However, if I save as .ods it stays at 0.00".

Please could you mention, a value for the cell, font, font size, format, column with, and file format used to save?

Seems that in xlsx the width is reduced 0,01" every time it is saved, at first I think it was a rounding issue but seems always happens as if a rounding down was done. Please report the issue in:https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi choosing LibreOffice