In my Office 13 (Excel online) spreadsheet , the formula ='24'!AC12 in cell AC12 sheet 34 gets data from sheet 24 cell AC12. What is the Calc equivalent

OS Win 8.1 32 bit

File downloaded from Onedrive Excel based file - Office 13.
The cell AC12 IN Sheet 24 contains a number (money) which is collected by the formula =‘24’!AC12 in cell AC12 in sheet 34

after opening in Calc the cell AC12 contains #REF!!AC12

LirbreOffice Version: 4.2.1.1
Build ID: d7dbbd7842e6a58b0f521599204e827654e1fb8b

How can I fix it?

The answer is that the reference in Calc would be ='24'.AC24 but it is odd that the file opened shows the reference error, normally when reading an Excel file this is done correctly without error. Could you provide a link to such file?

IF YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS i WILL ALLOW YOU TO SHARE THE FILE FOR A FEW DAYS ON ONEDRIVE., or do you wish to see the converted file in Calc?

The spreadsheet works correctly - The Reference error is seen when looking into the cell in order to make changes in the formula bar.

Seeing the reference error but the spreadsheet still working is even more odd… I’d prefer if you could mail me the original file instead of sharing at OneDrive (which I don’t have an account for and don’t want to anyway). You can encrypt the mail using my OpenPGP key 0x65632D3A to my erack at redhat.com address.

Sorry for the delay, I got distracted and went off the boil. I don’t know how to send you the file. please advise.
I thought it was working OK but what I observe is that when I open the downloaded file it opens OK and the cell contents seem to read OK, but after saving in calc and then reopening I see the “REF” incidents in sheet 44.
( My sheet numbers are labels indicating the month and year, and not a sequence.

What you mean “don’t know how to send me the file”? Download the file and attach it to a mail that you send to erack at redhat.com (and of course replace the at with @). Or if you can share it with me in OneDrive without that I have to sign up with OneDrive that could also work.

Sent Email with file as attachment.

Couldn’t reproduce, there’s no formula like that in cell AC12 on sheet 34. Anyhow, further discussion per email.

Replied in Email.

=‘24’.AC12

Please note that there is a dot in front of the AC12.

In case of such a problem you also can just make a link an look how the formula in Calc looks like.