Base keeps giving me a Java Heap Space error. Specifically “The data content could not be loaded. Java heap space”
I’ve tried increasing the memory under preferences without success.
I’ve also tried using the standard approach using the -Xms512m and -Xmx1024m parameters to specify the minimum and maximum. This causes LO to crash. Removing the ‘m’ post fix and only using -Xms1024 removes the crash but doesn’t eliminate the Java heap issue.
- Database is on a remote server (Amazon)
- Connection made because I can access other tables within the database
- But the largest table (330,000 records), gives me the Java heap message
My colleagues use Mac’s and wish to be able to see the data in the various tables without resorting to Excel (UTF-8 issues and maximum size in Excel). Since they are none technical, phpMyAdmin is problematic. And there is no Access for Mac’s of course.