Inported/Exported PDF Does not keep index/TOC

Hello,

New to LibreOffice here and Linux mint.

I have a PDF It had a toc/index and some link to external web sites. I had been looking for a way to edit the PDF as one of the links in it is dead. On googling LibreOffice was what kept coming up. Great I thought I’ll open up my PDF remove the dead link and re-save the new PDF.

Nope… I can take out the dead link OK but there is not longer an ideax/toc. Well there is… Every page… instead of like in the original PDF which lists chapters and sub chapters.

All I want is to remove a dead link from the PDF and leave everything else the same and re-save. How do I do this Can anyone help or recommend something?

Thankyou for your time.

Draw will allow only limited editing. Draw sees everything in a PDF as a set of graphical shapes (even text). Therefore, there is no notion of headings, chapters or even paragraphs. Consequently, you can remove “graphical objects” but you can’t recreate text document structure.

I was beginning to think this.

Can anyone recommend something on Linux that would allow me to make a simple change to the PDF?

Can you open the PDF in Calibre, save as ODT edit the odt (rebuild TOC too) and export as pdf? Keep the odt for publishing later changes.