Insert OLE from Powerpoint 97

I am currently using LibO 4.1.6.2. I looked into upgrading to LibO 5.3.0.

However, I noticed that OLE objects inserted from Powerpoint 97 are rendered inaccurately, specifically, text labels in the original PPT97 diagram often have a fractional line spacing (usually somewhere between 0.4 and 1.2) but the PPT97 diagram once OLE inserted, while faithful in all other respects, renders the text labels with a line spacing of 1.0 regardless. Naturally, the OLE inserted PPT97 diagrams tend to look somewhat ugly.

I tried rolling back from 5.3.0 through all the latest issues of the minor point releases (5.2.6, 5.1.4, 5.0.3, 4.4.5, 4.3.5, 4.2.5) but to no avail, it seems that something in LibO’s OLE capability was changed after 4.1.6. Did I miss something (couldn’t find anything in the 4.2 release notes to say that OLE insert mechanism had been changed) or is there some option I need to set so that OLE insert works correctly?

Please file a report on Bugzilla.

Don’t forget to attach a test sample document with said OLE that renders differently in 4.1 and 5.3. Also, attach screenshots from both where the difference is visible, and provide full information from About box for both.