Install error 1714 Cannot install new version / Please Help

download & install stops dead with “error 1714 - The older version cannot be removed” so I should talk to my support group (of which I have none).
Where do I look for pieces to uninstall. I used Wise Uninstall and tried several different ways and several different fresh d/l’s. How do I get LO installed to save 6+ years of work?

Why?
The LO has its own uninstall feature. The Windows has its own uninstall feature. Why you try to use a third party uninstall software???

Please read this:

General Installation Issues (Windows)

System Error Codes (1300-1699)

Error 1714 is definitely not in the 1300-1699 range; and also the system error codes are unrelated to the MSI error codes. Unfortunately, the latter is not informative, but there probably is an accompanying code that clarifies the problem, e.g. in the event log, or - better - in the installation log (mentioned in the wiki page you linked).

Anyway, the linked wiki’s troubleshooter section is most relevant to the OP problem.

1 Like

I used a third party uninstall because it says it will find bits and pieces leftover from prior attempts to uninstall.

It seems that I made a mistake about responding to suggestions to my question.
I’m not a developer and did not realize I would need to know much more than I do. The system of asking questions here is not one I am accustomed to. I do not use social media (no facebook, no google groups, etc).

I think it is best that I give up and rent Microsoft products. I’ve tried everything I am able to do. I do not have the time anymore to learn as much as I guess I need to. I’d be happy to pay someone to help but if there is a way to do that I can’t fnd it.

Thanks for taking the time to ask a good question!

There are Portable Versions that may work.

Also check that you meet install requirements.

Thank you. I think a portable version installed on a flash drive is my best bet. I have not been able to find anything I like better than LibreOffice & I just bought the whole set of printed manuals. No one to give them to. Thanks for the suggstion!

This isn’t an answer. You should have edited your question or made a comment.

Please follow the link in the comment by @Hrbrgr .

Your system needs the installation file to complete the uninstall before installing the new version. Check the name given exactly, the one you quoted doesn’t seem quite right, it should be something like LibreOffice_7.3.3_Win_x64.msi, try searching on your network for that. If you don’t have it then you must download it from the archive page which is linked from the download page, you will need the exact one.

I pulled it off 2 weeks ago.