Installing Libreoffice

Hello…I am trying to convert from openoffice to libreoffice but am having a heck of a time getting it to run. the installation seemed to have gone ok, but when I try to do anything, tables tab, or query tab, Im getting an error “connection to the database cant be established” , and sometimes I get an error ‘libreoffice requires a JRE to perform this task. The selected JRE is defective. Please select another’. Sometimes I get a ‘No java installation could be found’. Ive spent 3 days installing JDK, JRE changing settings, reading posts, trying different things trying to get this up and running. Im beyond frustrated. Im ready to just say forget it. Im at that point. But anyways… Im wondering if there is a comprehensive tutorial or even if someone would walk me thru getting it up and running. I would really appreciate it. Im in NY.

Im on a 2017 macbook pro, macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, a 64 bit machine. Ive installed the 7.3 as well as the 7.25 version of LO. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Installation Instructions / macOS

Using macOS - install JDK

and:

Yes, per @Hrbrgr, the fix for me was to install AdoptOpenJDK 15.05 as @ratslinger suggested. I found it at: Archive | AdoptOpenJDK - Open source, prebuilt OpenJDK binaries

1 Like