Installing older version of lowriter

So, I need to install an older version (6.0.7.3) of libreoffice-writer. Ive followed the instruction to download from the archives at https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/ and install all the components using
sudo dpkg -i *.deb.

By completing the installation I can use libreoffice6.0, but I’ve not been able to use lowriter/libreoffice-writer or anything similar. How can I fix this?

Why would you want that? If you installed at least one of the *-integration_* packages (apparently you did) you already have the launcher in /usr/bin/ and invoking libreoffice6.0 --writer (or --calc or …) can raise a window of that module.

Anyhow, for specific executables (which are just wrappers calling soffice with the same option) you’ll have to either invoke them as /opt/libreoffice6.0/program/soffice, /opt/libreoffice6.0/program/swriter, …, or prepend /opt/libreoffice6.0/program to your PATH variable.

Indeed, this worked! It really wasn’t clear that --writer could be called this way. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.