Internal Conditional Table appears to be corrupting

I’ve been trying to add some code to one of my workbooks but after a bit, the Conditional Formattings all get corrupted. I’ve tried starting over from scratch and the same thing happens again. I’ve tried deleting all of the Conditionals, but when I open back up, Conditionals (All Wrong) are there. My Conditionals for one spreadsheet are appearing for a completely different spreadsheet in the Workbook. At this point, I’m not sure how to correct this internal problem since I don’t know how to access LibreOffice’s Conditional table code, except through the user interface. I’m unsure what’s causing this, how to fix it, or how to avoid it in the future. I’m at the point of restoring older LibreOffice versions to see if that fixes it but if there’s another way, I’d prefer to stick with the latest LibreOffice versions. Hopefully someone else has already dealt with and fixed this issue…

I’ve got similar code to this working in several other workbooks so I’m a bit baffled why this has suddenly become a big problem…

Thx in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide…

Please attach a sample file, reduce the size as much as possible without private information, and paste the information in Menu/Help/About LibreOffice, there is a copy icon.

Which format (.ods, .xlsx, …) do you use to save your file? Are your Conditionals using formulas across sheets? Have you re-ordered sheets?

@NightriderXP1 ,

They have not yet announced any information about their version of LibreOffice.

I ran the utility to repair LibreOffice yesterday after several of my old files crashed all of my open LibreOffice workbooks after I attempted to C&P some normal text into a cell containing code. I did manage to delete the code in the cells in 2 separate files that I was attempting to C&P into and the C&Ps succeeded…

Today, I was preparing to modify a sample file to upload showing the problem. But the Conditionals that wouldn’t go away are now gone. I don’t know if the strange problem went away when I ran the repair utility or if it’s still lurking to cause problems as I continue to work on this workbook. IOW, I don’t know if I still have a problem…

I suspect that LibreOffice got corrupted from the repeated power and internet outages during Hurricane Helene and hopefully, by running the LibreOffice repair tool, it’s fixed now. I will update this when I learn more…

Thx for responding…

Thx for the response Steph1. I am using the default .ods format. I do have links between spreadsheets and workbooks. I use one workbook as a database. I did add a sheet to add new code but it’s something I’ve done successfully a million times…

As of this moment, I don’t know if I still have a problem though. I ran the LibreOffice repair tool yesterday when other strange problems appeared in other old stable workbooks, which completely crashed LibreOffice multiple times. Hopefully, this fixed the problem. I will update when I know more. It’s possible that frequent power fluctuations and Internet interruptions during Hurricane Helene corrupted LibreOffice, causing all of these issues. Time will tell. I’ll update when I know more…

Thx for your response…

There’s definitely a corruption problem somewhere. My old stable workbooks started crashing whenever I tried to copy & paste text into a cell containing code. Not only did it kill the workbook but it crashed LibreOffice. I let it send the Crash Reports in but I suspect they go into a circular bin somewhere. I deleted the code in the destination cells and then the C&P succeeded without error…

So today, I decided to uninstall LibreOffice and reinstall an older version (LibreOffice_24.2.5_Win_x86-64). I started working on the Workbook where the internal LibreOffice Conditional table was getting corrupted and that seemed to be back to normal. So far, so good…

But now, most of the Titles and Sub titles in my Charts are gone. The charts are there and the linked data is still displayed in graph format, but the Titles/Sub Titles/X & Y Axis text is gone on most of the charts. What in the world is going on? LibreOffice has always been stable up until recently. I don’t know if something got corrupted from the recent frequent power and Internet disruptions from Hurricane Helene caused this or if there’s a new problem introduced in versions LibreOffice_24.8.0_Win_x86-64 and newer. I think the corrupted internal Conditional table issue began before Hurricane Helene and the power/internet interruptions but not before installing LibreOffice_24.8.0_Win_x86-64, then LibreOffice_24.8.1_Win_x86-64…

How in the world do I solve this? How are all these new problems related? I just want everything to work correctly again. Hopefully, installing an older LibreOffice version fixed the newer problems and hopefully once I reenter the Chart Titles/Subs/X&Y titles, these problems will be gone too. But then I suspect I will be stuck at version LibreOffice_24.2.5_Win_x86-64 forever. Hopefully, I’m not the only one dealing with these new stability issues…