Is 5.2.2 LibreOffice upgrade compatible with Mac OS Sierra?

I just deleted all remnants of OpenOffice due to crashes after last weeks install of OS Sierra plus possible lack of continued development.

Before I install LibreOffice v5.2.2, I want to know if there are problems with crashing or incompatibilities.

Thanks for any help.

Out of the box LibreOffice does have issues with macOS Sierra. They are working on a fix which should come in a later release.

However there are simple work arounds to get it going depending on your hardware, iMac or MacBook Pro.

See: LibreOffice 5.2.1 & 5.1.5 crashing after upgrading to macOS Sierra (10.12)

and When will Libreoffice be upgraded to work with Sierra OS

If that does not fix your problem, please add a comment to your post with information like: error messages, hardware, etc.

LO is causing beachballs and becomes unusably slow. V 5.2.2.2 on sierra, MBP 15 inch 2013, 8 Gb, ssd, 2.7 Ghz + 27 inch Apple screen. No crashes just mini hangs and beach balls. Clean install of Sierra and LO, no upgrades. Procedure above don’t help.

It starts when document contain a certain amount of graphics, just text seems to be a lot better

5.2.3 RC1 works great, but not 5.2.2.

There’s another post on this that identifies two possible workarounds: changing your color profile and turning off graphic card switching. I did the latter on my 2011 MacBook Pro and it now works fine. I didn’t have to do anything on my '11 iMac to make it work.

See LibreOffice 5.2.1 & 5.1.5 crashing after upgrading to macOS Sierra (10.12) for more info, it might have been one of the links posted by Blanksheet.