I created some templates where I have inserted a placeholder that I use to type some text (text is different every time I use the same template).
I need to be able to:
- Define that placeholder as cross-reference target as well.
- Insert cross references to that placeholder; those cross references are located in other parts of the same template/document
- Having the text I type into the placeholder automatically copied into the cross-references locations (by clicking F9).
- Insert placeholder.
- Set reference to the placeholder by giving it a unique name (say “placeholder1”).
- Insert references to “placeholder1”.
I can type into the placeholder but the cross-references are not updated when I click F9.
Is it possible to do it?
If not, is there a different way to do what I need ?