Is there a Hand tool in LibreOffice Writer

I know Middle Click displays a scroll symbol. I prefer a hand tool to click-drag instead (like in Adobe Acrobat Reader or AutoCAD).

I haven’t seen any options in LibreOffice Writer or Calc for this. It is also possible it does not exist.

Is there an option I might not have seen?

Cheers

Middle-click => scroll symbol ??? Have you customised your configuration? In my raw LO 6.4.3.2 under Fedora Linux with KDE desktop, middle-click is paste function.

To drag something, you firts select it (double-click for word, triple-click for sentence, quadruple-click for paragraph in Writer), then you simply press and maintain the left button while dragging.

I probably misunderstood your question, so please edit it to better explain. Don’t use an answer which is reserved for solutions.

Din’t know you could triple and quad-click in LO. Thanks for that little gem, @ajlittoz.

@ajilittoz,

In Windows middle-clilck show the pan tool (a circle with two or four arrows within). I understand that @GaXve seek for these function to click-and-drag to pan the document, not to drag content.

@LeroyG: this may be Windows-specific. A way to quickly navigate in the document? Is this equivalent to drag the position slider in the vertical scroll bar?

@ajilittoz: Yes, it is equivalent do drag the position slider in the vertical and/or horizontal scroll bar (depending of the actual zoom in Writer).

Yep, that’s exactly what I’m looking for: Drag to navigate the document (not drag content)

I don’t know if anyone else is like me, but I really dislike the scroll symbol, in every form or any program it has appeared in. “The uncontrollable wheel of chaos.”