Is there a limit to the number of custom animations you can add to a presentation?

I am using the Presentation part of Libre office and having trouble adding additional custom animations. I have added them to several of my slides but now it only gives me the option to delete and not add.

Is there a limit to the number of custom animations you can add to a presentation?

I’m not a heavy user of Impress, but I have never experienced the “custom animation lockout” that you have.

It might be worth looking through the relevation section of the Impress Guide: ch. 9, “Slides Shows: Transitions, animations, and more” - around p. 13, of the v.4.0 version. There’s a bit that walks through adding/altering animations. It might be something else entirely, of course, but that would be a good place to start.

If that doesn’t crack it, then it would be worth adding a bit more info: what operating system are you on? confirm the version of LibO? what format are you saving in? etc.

On XP I created presentations with 4.1 family Impress with about 100 slides (2 days program) and never experienced any limitation also I have typically several animations per slide. Therefore I would say I never experienced a practical limitation.