Is there a maximum number of pages in libre office writer? Also, is there a limit in the number of rows and columns when inserting a table in LO Writer?

Is there a maximum number of pages in libre office writer? Also, is there a limit in the number of rows and columns when inserting a table in LO Writer?

Writer - idon’t know if there is a limit for a single Writer document. I learned here about files with several hundert pages. However I would never create a single file with 100 pages. In case of a larger document - maybe starting with 50 pages - I would always use a master document. To learn how this works, I recommend to look into the manual. Download is possible here: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/ and it is free.

Calc - Why don’t you open it and have a look? Very simple and very big. So big that I never recognized a limit.

@ROSt53, the original question only asked about limits to pages and tables in Writer (not Calc). The only practical limit is likely the available memory and processing power on the computer. I have provided something of an answer here with links to further test cases including up to 1000 pages of text. Tables in Writer will pose more of an issue.

@oweng - Thanks for the very valuable comment and the links. Calc - Writer table, sorry not reading carefully enough.

I have occasionally used LibreOffice Writer to open huge text files that I had trouble with my more standard tools (vim, etc) reading, usually because they were very long lines.

I have never hit a point where it crashes or refuses to read/write the file. The page numbers however wrap around after 65535 pages.