Is there a solution to put a LO Base project under version control (git)

I have started a small LO Base project and I would like to put it under version control (git). Is there a solution for that? Are there any hints how this could be accomplished?

I found this entry but the answer doesn’t hit the point:

Version control for Base?
The last change for users of internal database “HSQLDB” happened in LO 4.1. (Report Builder, Listboxes …).
Firebird database has been added, but it is experimental to create such a database with Base.

I’d say conceptually yes. Databases are mostly text data, often with access to the commit history. Plenty of examples in GitHub - Amourspirit/python-ooouno-ex of LibreOffice files stored as text, although no databases yet, discussed in https://python-ooo-dev-tools.readthedocs.io/.

I don’t thick you’ll get what you want.

It is possible to store anything in Git but, apart from .txt (or equivalent) files, documents are seen as a single binary object without managing separately the various parts. So for your Base project, the schema, queries, forms, code, … won’t be individualised. This considerably reduces the interest of Git.

You have to solve two problems:
At first .odt .odp -files are binary files, wich dont play nice with git. But as all this files are compressed zip-archives you may use a daily(?) script to unpack to a folder of your liking and have this folder supervised by git. This should work for all the xml-based content of the archives. But I never checked on file-date inside the archive, so it may be necessary to detect changes by hash.
The second problem would be the database itself. Often an .odb only has the connection to a MariaDB, Postgres or Sqlite -Database or links to external csv or dBase-Folders. Then you would get the forms and queries with the connection, but git would not detect any changes in the database. On the other hand there are the “embedded” types, where data is inside the .odb. The you have to check, if git can be useful to track this changes. (My opinion would be, git not being very effective on this topic.)

This is pretty trivial, see GitHub - jmzambon/libreoffice-code-highlighter: Code snippet highlighter for LibreOffice., the codehighlighter folder is an uncompressed document. Use a GitHub action to compress it to a zip and rename the zip file extension as required (eg). It seems this must be done after the file is downloaded.

Let’s assume Tracking Database Schema And Schema Migrations In Git Version Control
@devstknco Can you provide a very simple database?