Is there a step by step guide to create a dashboard

Looking for a guide to build a dashboard similar to exc l dashboards.

1 Like

Why don’t you ask YouTube?

What an insightful and helpful comment. No one would have ever thought to do that. You Sir are a godsend!

Hi Adam, did you manage to get/find any USEFUL responses from people in or outside of this forum?

I’ll dare to say something apropos to LibreOffice :upside_down_face:. If you’re going to do any kind of prettifying, take advantage of Calc’s excellent cell styles system! It’s a lot easier to plan your styles ahead and build them up as you go than it is to directly style everything then sort out style names and nesting afterwards.

Answer given for @LibreTris (OP forgot about us).

There is nothing on YouTube. Just a similar book.
Excel Dashboards and Reports (A.Michael & J.Walkenbach, 2nd ed., 2013)
But you need to get creative. Not everything works. However, the example files are pretty good, mostly Calc-readable. See Downloads.

You will find a step-by-step guide and more there.
I do not offer the book file (PDF, 36.7 MB) so as not to violate the rights of the publisher.

You should be aware of Excel’s capabilities and Calc limitations (poor pivot tables, lack of slicers and self-expanding smart tables and charts, complicated macros, etc.).
You must be a fairly experienced and sophisticated user.

3 Likes

Good answer. I am finding for most thing I can use Libre Calc with no issue. I would recommend to the vast majority out there.

However when I need to do some serious data manipulation and getting things to look good with Dashboards and such I jump back to Excel…
I wish I did not have to but it what it is for the moment.

I tend to use Slicers in Excel a lot. Hate to say it but it a great feature.

And Dashboards in just way way way easier to do in Excel. I have to spend way to much time in LibreOffice getting things to look good.

My Goal when dealing with Spreadsheet programs is Speed first. Then to make it readable for most fast.

Anyway just my two cents.

1 Like