Is there a way to apply formatting from another sheet using a formula?

Could I use a formula in a cell on Sheet 1 to look up a value in a cell on Sheet 2 to see if it matches another existing sheet name (Sheet n), then display the contents and formatting of the Sheet n cell on Sheet 1? I would need the text contents, fill colour, and border of the Sheet n cell to be displayed on the Cell in Sheet 1.

I hope this is clear. Sorry if this is a bit strange. I’m using the program in a slightly unorthodox way (to create a filet crochet pattern) and have created several sheets of stitch dithering patterns that I would like to reference on Sheet 2 to be displayed on Sheet 1. I have experience with writing formulas in Excel, though I haven’t tried something quite like this on that program either.

Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help with this! I am open to other suggestions if you know of a better way for me to accomplish my goal.

No. It is possible to use a macro to implement that, but again, not as a user-defined spreadsheet function to use in a formula.

Ah dang! That’s unfortunate, but thank you so much for letting me know. Have an excellent day :smile: