Is there a way to capitalize multiple words with =Replace in a text?

I got this homework that asks us to capitalize all the word “ipsum” in the text “Lorem ipsum dolor ipsum sit amet ipsum consectetur adpiscing” using a chain of formulas/commands mainly using =replace/=reemplazar.

Have you read the Help for REPLACE? What have you tried and what was the result?

Don’t expect us to do your homework for you.

@robleyd I wouldn’t be asking the questions if I hadn’t already done that wouldn’t I? and as far as I know we’re in a forum where people asks about their issues. lmao.

@Hello_world_12345: you’d be amazed. Of course you can do that replace.

There is no REPLACE() function in Calc usable in formulas. Recent LibreOffice versions have two functions usable in the context: SUBSTITUTE() and REGEX().
The answer by @anon87010807 is about the editing tool “Find & Replace”. Doing “simple literal replacement” you should make sure that the options Wildcards and Regular expressions are disabled. In Calc it’s also recommendable to Search in: Values in your case.
Be aware of the fact that the Find: string not is case-sensitive by default.

I wouldn’t be asking the questions if I hadn’t already done that wouldn’t I? and as far as I know we’re in a forum where people asks about their issues. lmao.

You (the OQer) are not in a place where customers ask staff! Stressing the customer attitude you may soon get no more answers at all.
In what way was the help insufficient for you?
Own effort is always required to be accepted as a member (user) here.
In your case concerning the “imao”, the “a” may hit. :wink:

@Lupp Yeah I meant the command =subsitute, I used the word replace as I am using the program in spanish.

Also as far as I know not everyone in here is a staff, I’ve always used this thread to solve problems that I have with libreoffice, encountering such a hostile and unhelpful comment in my 1st question left a sour tase in my mouth :). Tell me, what such bad attitude did I show by asking a question in a forum where people are free to ask and get help?

Tell your sermons to him not to me^^
cheers.

Well, neither you nor myself are native speakers of English. We may judge the implicit connotations differently. Being a German I may have missed the friendly attitude you intended concerning @robleyd’s comment,

An attempt to use clear and unambiguous terms in this international site in English lamguage is necessary, You might consider my related remarks under “What to do?” in this thread: Why do I often get an error (508, 504, 502 e.g.) if I paste a Calc formula from some post into my sheet?

Is this over now, or do you actually want additional help concerning SUBSTITUTE() or REGEX()?
If so, please show what you already tried, and in what way it failed.
Was the SUBSTITUTE() usage part of the “homework” commands?

BTW:
To work on the default Autotext ‘Lorem ipsum’ in Calc may be seen as a funny idea in itself.
Functions or formulas aren’t called “commands”.
Concerning the question itself: It told about “multiple words”, but then it seemed to be restricted to multiple occurrences of one specific word. What’s correct?

Oh dear, I,'m sorry, I saw the long text where you had to replace words and assumed that your puzzling notation of the replace command was due to you not being English. As a result I assumed this was a our Writer.

On the other hand, we have had people ask forum members do their homework for them.

@Lupp I apologize for misunderstanding and coming off as hostile.

In the end it appears that the needed command was **SUBSTITUTE()** which can capitalize 1 or all words, The problem I’m trying to find out now is how to capitalize only let’s say 2 out of 3 “ipsums” in the text. I saw something like SUBSTITUTE(Word;text;"new word";order);"word";order which seems to work for some but comes off as ERROR 509 for me.

Well thank you for trying to help^^ I’ll make do somehow

The pseudo-formula you posted, I don’t understand. If you want to replace only some of many occurances, you need to identify the ones to be processed. This may be done by giving their (ordinal) numbers, or by describing a specific syntactical context. In both cases I wouldn’t know how to use SUBSTITUTE() (Again: Not a command, but a function.) for the purpose. REGEX() can do a a few more tricks.
Err:509 means “Missing operator”.