Is there a way to change animation in Impress for a group of object?

Treat this as a feature request.

Currently, in Impress, if I were to write several points of text on a slide, and then add animation, then Impress will automatically add a default animation (Appear) to each of the points. And the points will be grouped together. But if I do not want to use the Appear animation, I have to change the animation point by point, which can be tiresome for slides with many points. There should be a way to change the whole group of points into a new animation.

What version are you using and what system? I see this behaviour on Ubuntu 18.04 with the latest LO, 6.3.4.2. It is a huge waste of time and a significant irritation. I’m not sure when this behaviour changed, but I find that the v5.1.6.2 appimage works as I would expect. That is I can choose which effect when I first apply it, and I can modify the effect on the whole group.
I also appear to be losing animations. A presentation which worked yesterday has lost its animations today. I haven’t tracked this down, but I’d be interested if anyone else has seen that happen.
Ubuntu 18.04 LO6.3.4.2