Is there an extension to fill text in Writer - something like snippet in web editor?

Hello,

I work a lot with web editor and got used that it has a plugin with snippets. I can freely add to it ANY text I want and then simply by 2-3 click add this text to my document. I have in mind a Snippets plugin from Notepad++.

I have been searching for something similar for Libreoffice Writer. I have been using ‘Autotext’ for some time, but I don’t feel satisfied with results. If I have a large number of words then I have to remeber every shortcut for them. That is why I was wondering is there maybe an extension for Writer that acts as snippet plugin in web editors?

Im using Libreoffice 5.3.1.2 version. I haven’t found such an extension.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

I do not know if there is an extension for this but on this point:

I have been using ‘Autotext’ for some time, but I don’t feel satisfied with results. If I have a large number of words then I have to remeber every shortcut for them.

You can ViewToolbarsInsert and use the AutoText tool which displays the items by categories.

Of course you can customize the standard toolbar to add this tool…

Regards

Thanks, this was helpful. I didn’t know about this function.

You can use the Auto-Type function of KeePass Password Manager so that pressing ctrl/A offers you a list of “usernames” and you select which username’s “password” - which can be a lot of text - gets typed at the cursor location. It works in any application.

I use AutoHotKey but I need to remember the shortcuts.

Interesting idea, but ‘Autotext’ is still better because I can control font size, font color and background color (which I often use).