Is there any way to bring this red line while working in Impress

So, I was trying out Impress because its features were impressive but I am here to inquire if Impress has an option to snap relative to slide or another object like in this video.

Shift + drag constrains the movement of the selected object horizontally or vertically.

Shortcut Keys in LibreOffice Impress

If you want to add more information, you can edit your question; also can comment an answer. Do not use Answer to comment.

Mark the circle to the left of the answer that solves your question.

I don’t think Impress has automatic alignment as shown. I haven’t figured out how to Snap to the centre of an object, only to edges. To help with alignment you can turn rulers on and drag guides from the rulers, but again, I can only get the edge to snap. You’ll get more positive snapping by Tools | Options | LibreOffice Impress | Grid and increasing the snap range to 20 pixels or so. To temporarily disable snapping, hold down Alt.

I tend to turn off snapping but turn on Grid Display or drag rulers and align by eye

I dug around the options in Impress and cannot find any way to align the object to the page.
You may wish to switch programs and use Scribus if the lack of this option is a show stopper for you.

With only one object selected then Format | Align | Centred will align to centre of page, Centre will centre to vertical centre. Of course, multiple objects selected will align to the centre of themselves, ignoring page position.

Thank you for answering but what I want is auto snapping to the centre which I tried by turning on grid snapping but it is still not like snapping to the centre automatically. I don’t think Impress has this feature now as Ernest wrote in the comments.

Thank you Dear Ernest! Your comment was valuable to me. Thanks for suggesting the grid snapping. It’s not as equivalent to the PowerPoint’s snaps but does the work for me. I hope LibreOffice brings similar features in the upcoming updates.

Dug around a bit more and did manage to find the object align option. But no option to align other than to the page.

Thanks @AdmFubar for your time!

While the automatic red line won’t appear while aligning but I’ve found a workaround. I actually aligned the object using the menu in the Layout tab and there is indeed an option to turn on Helplines in View tab/menu as you can see in the attachment. But I still hope that the LibreOffice team finds a perfect solution to this in future releases.

helplines.png

Good for you

Snap guides

• Enable rulers.
  • Menu item View - Rulers
    …or…
  • Keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+R
  • Click and drag from ruler into the slide.
  • Drag down from horizontal ruler to create horizontal guide
  • Drag sideways from vertical ruler to create vertical guide
  • Right click guide line to edit placement with precise measurement.
  • You can have multiple guides active simultaneously

I cannot find an easy way to make these guides appear in red. Hopefully, that is not a deciding factor.

Then menu View - Snap Guides - Snap to Snap Guides. Instead Alt+drag.