Is there anyone here that is Customer Support for LibreOffice or is it just users?

After a bad experience with trying to get help for a very easy problem, it seems that LibreOffice relies solely on users for support and do not actually monitor the forum to ensure problems are addressed. Would that be a fair assessment?

I essentially have a document that I use bookmark/hyperlink to create a reference for personal use - authors and books. It’s 600+ pages, as I’ve been adding to it for several years. It worked well with Word and, when Word stopped working with my new PC (Vista to Win10), I thought to try out LibreOffice, since I’m a senior and I don’t use Word all that often. I was able to do the same thing, although it wasn’t a “nice”, nor elegant (a problem in LibreOffice with everything I do). Then, after an update, I could no longer do it. I essentially wanted to know if it was broken. Couldn’t get an answer on that.

What I did get was folks telling me that what I was doing just wasn’t good enough and that I could do other things that literally added many more steps, plus trying to find more tabs, etc. If I stated this fact, I got a lecture.

I appreciate the help, even if it wasn’t actually given, but don’t really understand why there doesn’t seem to be anyone from LibreOffice addressing unanswered questions.

I appreciate the help, even if it wasn’t actually given, but don’t really understand why there doesn’t seem to be anyone from LibreOffice addressing unanswered questions.

It is quite simple because LibreOffice is mostly a project of volunteers.
There is no LibreOffice support for customers unless you sign up with an official LibreOffice partner and pay them for support.

But I can assure you that many users here have years of experience and can help best.
From time to time it is necessary that questions are asked or the questioners are pointed out that the functionality in LibreOffice is partly substantially different than in MS-Office.

To be fair, it is not excluded that questioners, like you, who want to make a switch from MS-Office to LibreOffice, have to go through a learning experience.

I wish you every success!

3 Likes