It seems something is hacking Libre Writer. Can it be stopped?

Running: Libre Office/Version: 6.0.7.3/Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.10/CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3… in a well secured LinuxMint 19.3…

Sometimes when I click on an .odt word file, up comes a pop-up that reads ‘recover remote copy’ or ‘not recovered yet’… Does that mean the file contains damaging data? I click it off, then back up, and usually it opens without the warning pop-up… How do I configure LibreWriter to ensure that my private LibreWriter notes aren’t being uploaded by an unscrupulous moralless baddie(s)?

Then while I registered to this forum, and went back to this note, I find the image code in registration “1DEJZZO” is auto-pasted into this note… Who and what did that? Is someone at LibreOffice or LinuxMint doing this nastiness? Is it a cult thing doing it, or just a software glitch in LibreWriter in LinuxMint? Does LibreOffice connect to the Internet by itself? Can LiberOfficeWriter be 100% disconnected from the Web permanently? Does someone upload copies of my notes to someone somewhere? Do bad people hackers find it easy to target and exploit LibreWriter?
I author new movie, cartoon, and video-game scripting and themes… I sure don’t want kookoo thieves stealing my notes… Is LibreWriter safe for a creative writer to use for proprietary work?
Sometimes when I post a LibreWriter compilation on the internet, and save a copy of my post’s corrections from the Web, the notes paste all distorted with bits of the note duplicated and inserted duplicated throughout the note, and included links duplicated and scattered throughout the post (especially in YouTube)… What can I do to prevent that silly infantile irritating hackish bullying?

Then I went into my email account to complete the registration, and I see the email is in Spam folder, and contains a warning header “This email has failed its domain’s authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded!”… Who or what is messing with me? Why? Just wondering… Just asking… Does anyone else experience these weird glitches?

Cross posted at Is this a hacker doing this nasty stuff? Can it be stopped? (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.

1 Like