Java (JRE) installation problem

i can’t get Java (JRE) working properly. Therefore the database app can’t fully be used. i have followed user suggestions but still no luck. W10 OS / JRE 1.8.0_211 both installed. LibreOffice options / advanced / add results in ‘The folder you selected does not contain a Java runtime environment. Please select a different folder.’ but the computer says it does.

Did you make sure that the Java bit version must be the same as the LO bit version? It means 32 or 64 Bit. Instructions can be found here.

i’m not used to it but had difficulties with this point some time ago, i mean to remember once you have more than one JRE installed there is some dialog hidden somewhere which let’s you choose which of them is to be used. the 32 / 64 bit selection / decision not being mentioned anywhere is the main problem.

@newbie-02

In which folder is Java installed? And what specific version of LO is installed and is it 32 or 64 bit? Must have info for JAVA problems in Base.

In which folder is Java installed?

check your computer, ‘check java’, ‘ask oracle’ :wink: i tbdk (think but don’t know) it’s chooseable on install,

And what specific version of LO is installed and is it 32 or 64 bit?

check ‘help - about libreoffice(dev)’ (wording in different ‘locale’ may vary)

i admit it’s a pain having problems with this point and no hint what’s wrong,

have heard of people who searched for two weeks and assume plenty other gave up … :frowning:

checking ‘tools - options - libreoffice(dev) - advanced’ may give some help,

Must have info for JAVA problems in Base.

i’m not used to base, but assume the deppendencies being the same as for calc (macros),

reg.

b.

@newbie-02
Ignore my last comment. Mistakenly thought you were original person posting.