Java Runtime missing even when Java is installed in L.O. Writer

I am using L.O. 24.2 with Ubuntu 22.04. All of a sudden I got the error “JRE is defective”
Screenshot from 2024-02-10 08-12-05
Java is installed:

$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.21" 2023-10-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.21+9-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.21+9-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04, mixed mode, sharing)

But when I go to Tools>Options>Advanced there is nothing:

and there is nothing on the folder associated with the “add” bottom:
Screenshot from 2024-02-10 08-15-33
How can I enable JRE on Ubuntu?
Thank you

without a slightest idea of what change(s) might have occured ?

ok, but you can navigate to the install directory (likely /usr/lib/jvm/…)

“All of a sudden”: the day before everything was fine, the day after the error. Maybe there was a routine update. As for the JRE, I can’t ope /usr… from LibreOffice. Even if I make a link to a folder accessible from LO, what would ti be? A file or a folder? The /usr/lib/jvm I have a re these:
Screenshot from 2024-02-11 10-23-05
Thanks

I’m not familiar with whatever file manager you are using but it looks like you may have two installations of Java with a couple of symbolic links. Try clicking on one of the folders and see if there is a sub-directory bin - if so, choose it and see what happens.

I removed all the folders but java-11-openjdk-amd54 which was the one pointed to. The error is still there: no JRE is found.

which means ?

you should have an item like “other locations”, then “Computer” to get to the root of your filesystem.
or type Ctrl+L to have an open textfield : How to use ctrl+L shortcut of nautilus while opening or saving a file from a third party software say libreoffice or sublime using ctrl+o and ctrl+s? - Ask Ubuntu