Just recently when opening or saving documents I get refused due to "insufficient user rights"

How do I clear up this error?

Error saving the document Id’s Passwords xxxxxxxx_:
Object not accessible.
The object cannot be accessed
due to insufficient user rights.

I must have done something to create this issue, but I do not have a clue how I did it. I now need to know how to clear it up or a lot of very valuable information is going to be lost and I will not be able to edit or add to it.

I tried to copy the old document into a new one. So far I am able to edit and add. I was even able to save it once to my HDD, but when I try to save another copy to my USB drive I get the error above. I have never ever had this happen before and I always save to both places.

In addition when opening the new document I get the following error:

The lock file could not be created for exclusive access by LibreOffice, due to missing permission to create a lock file on that file location or lack of free disk space. And then I can only select “Open Read Only” or “Cancel”. After opening in Read Only I am offered to “edit” the document but then the following comes up:

This document cannot be edited, possibly due to missing access rights. Do you want to edit a copy of the document?

My last resort will be to uninstall Libre Office and reinstall it to see if that clears up the issue, Unless some savvy person knows the solution to save the days!

Thanks all for your help with this one!

Toeknee7734

I found a work around for this issue I was having! First I opened the old document in the Read Only. Then clicked on Edit this document on the bar above, upper right area. Then I selected all and copied the entire document. I then opened a new document (spreadsheet) and pasted the copy into that. I then made any changes or additions to this new document. then saved this document per the save as feature and gave it a new name (same name just added the current date).

I then closed all documents. Then opened the new doc and tested to see if all was working as it should. It was perfect, including all my changes. I then closed the doc and went to the folder that it was saved in and copied it to a USB drive for a back up doc. Then I opened the back up to check it and it also was perfectly fine. I closed the doc.

After closing the doc. I then proceeded to delete the old documents permanently. I have had no more problems opening or saving or saving over existing documents (as one would do after making changes and now wanting the existing doc to have all the new changes). All is good in Libre Office world!

You didn’t mention your operating system, I suspect Windows and you fell victim to a Windows upgrade or something else meddling the user’s directory permissions. Enter insufficient user rights in the Search or ask your question box on top of this page and you’ll get plenty of hits listed of which some may lead to a solution.